Today is my first posting to clinicals! Haha... Wasn't used to wearing that uniform and so I brought my uni n shoes there to change. Well, the day's quite boring.. Just plain lectures, talks and lots of walking. Think the orientation's not very effective though.. Cos I still can't make out where exactly are all the different lift lobbies, departments and other places. But I guess I will after a certain time! Its something like NUS orientation. Need at least 2 weeks to get orientated to most parts of it!
Anyway, today the senior nurse clinician brought me to the ward I was assigned to. But when we opened the door, there were no patients in there. And her first reaction was, "Are we sure we're in the right ward?" Haha... Turned out that the ward's under renovation:) So, off I went to find my preceptor, who was temporarily stationed at a Subutex ward. Hmm.. the ward's pretty slack, but there's a few complicated cases. So yup, I'll just learn as much as possible! But I pray that the original ward will be quickly renovated so that I may go there for more experience! Lord, may u grant me more opportunities to learn and practise my skills and nursing judgement/mangement.
Tomorrow's a super early day.. Got to reach hospital at 7am to catch the hand over and morning rounds. Hmm.. I pray that tmr will be more fruitful than today and that I'll have a chance to start mastering taking vital signs and charting/reading charts. Alright, gtg study abt cardio stuff now. God help me:)
No comments:
Post a Comment