Monday, September 11, 2006

Church starts on Monday!

This week has been a week filled with many happenings. Week 4 of school ended with a great sermon today. Upon reflecting, I realised that the timing of this sermon could not be a coincidence.This sermon was supposed to be preached last week, but because God noticed that the church has not been reflecting & applying the series of sermon- Jesus is Lord, we had a whole time of ministry 2 weeks ago just seeking the Lord's forgiveness and asking for a new love for Jesus. Then the stuff that happened this week just made this sermon today so relevant for me to apply directly into my life.

Pray for open doors- prayer evangelism
I confess that I've not been praying frequently in reaching out to the lost. Somehow, this passion died after the last miracle catch. But today, God touched my heart once again and reqindled that passion in my heart for the lost sheep. Even during Friday's cell, God showed me a vision. I saw myself standing on the second level outside and inside the medical library. My spiritual eyes began to open and I just saw many doctors and nurses to be studying and studying aimlessly. They are studying into hell! They are so lost in life and don't see the big picture of it all- A life of joy in worshipping God. A life with a sense of purpose. A life that don't only try to save the physical body but the eternal soul which is so much more important and everlasting.

Today in service, God showed me that he had already opened the doors but many a time, I had shut it. Nursing school is not an easy course and has taken lots of time and energy from me. Even to the extend of me feeling that I've been falling into the trap of worshipping books and not God in school. Went to meet the Dean together with a few others on Thursday to discuss certain issues the nursing students are facing in school. I got quite a shock when I heard of the many problems my coursemates are facing. Do you know, nursing studies have indeed taken a toil on so many of the students. (7 modules in first year, semester 1. Only one lunch break with no other breaks in between. End quite late and have to stay back together with tutorial group to do research to present. End up reaching home at around 11+ and still have to type out research presentation and answer to PBL case before we can get some rest. 1 system each week with chunks and chunks of stuff to remember and understand. Especially physio, its taking up so much time! + the amt of MCs we get for 1 module is not really comparable to the other faculties in a sense that we spend as much time doing the module as the other students but we get fewer MC for it than them)

I realise that there're 2 categories of people in nursing right now. All will definately feel some stress, esp in this competitive and intelligent class (the number and difficulty of our questions are quite surprising to my med friends) There is this group that is coping well and and is enjoying the course, whereas another group of students are so super stressed that they are so depressed. I belong to the 1st category of students in which I'm really enjoying what I study. But there's also another group who have broken down and cried, one by one falling sick (about 6 or 7 this week) and even 1 going to get a week's break to be admitted into hospital. During the talk, one of them even said that she feels like she's going to die soon. There're a few who are already thinking of switching course and even a scholar wanting to just quit nursing. Gosh, I didn't know the situation is that bad. All the time, I've been mixing with friends who are ok like me. My eyes failed to take notice of my surrounding friends who are not coping well. Even if there were some hints of that, i just brushed it off with the familiar excuse of "I'm busy. Got to complete so many things, read up on articles, books. I just have no time for you". Gosh, what did I do? I just slammed shut the door that God has opened to me!

I remember that before school started , God told me great things will happen during my time in NUS. I was so excited then. It wasn't too long, just a month back. And indeed, I'm believing God for great things! But somehow, I forgot about it and got sucked right into the course so quickly. Thank God that he reminded me of His great purpose to which he has placed me in nursing. I just want to repent before the cross and ask that God will help me to worship him everyday in school. Even when I'm studying, I don't want to forget him! I pray that I'll be able to live a life like Jesus so that many will be attracted to me. And I'll lift up holy hands and pray for open doors everyday when I step into school; into medicine/nursing school. And when the doors are open, I'll just step right in the door and bless the people around me. Indeed, blessing others will bring down the presence of God into the person's life!

For too long, I've been underestimating the power of prayer. I want to change it right now! Father, help me to be committed in prayer everyday before school to ask for open doors to preach your word to your lost sheep. This week, I want to do a prayer walk and lay hands on every LT, tutorial room, lab, library, canteen and all other places that the nursing/medical students will go to. I say" God, I surrender my place in NUS, in the medical faculty, in nursing school for you. Jesus come and take you place. Come and be enthroned in this place. The medical/nursing school belongs to you! NUS belongs to you! My family belongs to you! Come and take your rightful place here.".

Pastoring the Nursing school
You know, today Senior Pastor appointed and anointed me to become a pastor for NUS Nursing school. What does that mean? That means breaking down the walls of church and bringing church into the community. God showed me that my church will be in the nursing school itself. God will help me to be known in this community as their pastor. Which also means that whatever things happen, when someone is ill, demonised, depressed, they will know who to find- the nursing pastor! God, I accept the responsibility. The responsibility of feeding your sheep( all the nursing and even medical students, lecturers, tutors, deans), supernatural healing of the sick, chasing away of demons, counselling, preaching the word and even praying. All these will come under my charge and care. I just said the pledge after Ps Khong and there's no more turning back! You know, when I was saying the pledge after Ps Khong, I just felt the anointing of the Lord upon me and knew that a breakthrough in the spiritual realm has already begun! But I also knew that God is entrusting such great things on me that I know I must not fail him. I teared when the anointing of the Lord came upon me. I know that this responsibilty that I've accepted is great. And I know that God has entrusted me with this job because he trusts me to take good care of his sheep. God, be with me. Do not send me out alone. I need you to be by my side when I go to school tomorrow. Gosh, it'll be so different. But Lord, I'm not going to fear because I can softly hear you saying " Child, I will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid of rising up because the blood of the sacrificial lamb has covered you. Go, in my name!".


All because of God
Yes, Lord. I will go and take up this new role as I step into school tomorrow. Right now, I rise up as a pioneering nurse whom Jesus is beside me to build a foundation no one has ever done so. The Lord has shown me that my ministry will be in the healthcare (healing ministry). My big dream for God? That I'll one day lead a team of medical professionals into the nations to further my ministry of healing and winning the nations for Christ!

No comments: