Saturday, May 20, 2006

Miracles by faith

Just came home from tribe prayer meeting. Before prayer started, ps asked if there were any thanksgiving. I hesitated because firstly, I was physically very tired. Had ony 4 hrs sleep the previous night and then spent the entire morning and afternoon doing medic duty. Followed this grp of Northbrooks sec 2 students for treking and outdoor cooking. Actually, I felt that the students were quite nice (after hearing all the stories from others that they were worse than the BTSS students, had a mental preparation for something worse.. haha) A few cases here and there. A couple of stomach pain and a burnt case. A student accidentally spilled the mass tin with boiling curry unto Tong Tian's feet. Second degree burns, BSA about 3.5%. God, pls help to relieve the pain and heal his burns and blisters quickly. Amen!

Anyway, back to thanksgiving. Actually, I wanted to tell everybody about the great news that I've been accepted into NUS nursing. Yipee! Its indeed a miracle. OK, reason why I didn't want to share is because I know that it is a miracle that I got in, but I couldn't recall why it is indeed such a miracle. Perhaps its because I have too much of God's peace in my heart that when I got the acceptance letter, it was like "I knew that it will come. Thank God". However, throughout the worship, God reminded me why it was such a miracle...

Since the start of schooling for me, my education journey had been through many heart stopping moments which requires pure faith to see me through. Haha, sounds exciting? But when you are actually in it and facing the unknown, it's of no fun at that point of time.

Remembered that when I was in P5, I dropped from the top 10 to the last 3 in class. Wow, mum was furious then! But I managed to climb back to top 14 in P6 ( a very gd EM1 class). Then came Sec 2 whereby I couldn't get into the triple science class. I was devastated ( knew I wanted to study medicine then, and at that time you had to take triple science to enter) and didn't know what to do. Had actually given up hope, because my parents went to find the principal(very result orientated person) and he mocked at my results and commended "This type of maths results still want to enter triple science ar". (At that time, only the brightest could enter into triple science). Moreover, there were hundrends of appeal forms submitted for only 3-4 places). I have actually lost hope already, but early one morning, my mum recieved a call to inform me that I have gotten a place into 3EP. YEAH!!! Was so elated then. It was as if my dream became re-ignited back. However, I soon realised that the struggles were only just the beginning.

For the entire sec 3 and 4, I struggled with doing as well as the rest. Competition was so stiff. I was almost suffocated by the strife and competition in my class. I practically became the last few in class in the maths and sciences. Thank God I am pretty strong in my humanities and EL. If not, I think I'm dead. The teachers had low hopes that I could get an A for certain subjects. (In my class, no A means fail), to the point whereby this certain teacher said " I expect all of you to get the A for the O'levels, except for some." That one is me lo... But God brought me through all that. And surprise, surprise! I got my A in that particular subject and scored all grades A or B for the other subjets. Thank God:)

Soon after, the ultimate came. JC life was WOW... Wow until at times I prayed to God to take me away. Haha, that was one prayer God said no. But really, the emotional struggle and stress level went as high as a 100 degree celsius. Seriously, I almost died there. If not because God was there to hold, comfort and reassure me, I would have just gone berserk.

The A levels was really a time of trust unto God. And then came the ultiimate. The uni application process... That was terrible and stressful. But God is so good. For most of the waiting period, I just felt the peace of God in me although the people around me esp mum was super duper worried. Haha.. Out of the many applications for nursing in NUS, he actually saved a place for me:) Although there were only 50 places for the first intake, abt 60 poly grads applied and hundreds more went for the interview, I actually got the place! It was really by God's grace that I got the place to study nursing.

Whats more, my mum started to praise the Christian God and to give thanks to him:) Also, she is starting to believe in the power of prayer! Yeah, it was really a double miracle!!! God, help my family to come to know you and to open their hearts to you!

No comments: