Saturday, October 07, 2006

Week 7

What a stressful week! Just had 2 papers of anat and physio on the same day on Thursday. Wah, what are they thinking? Putting the 2 pps that require the most amount of memory & understanding together on the same day!!! Thank God I made it through. I almost died though.. Really dislike the idea of cramming huge amounts of stuff in such an incredibly short peroid of time. Its just impossible! But God was really faithful. He saw me through this week and I can safely say that I survived! Yeah! Haha. Something weird though. Usually when I'm faced with this kind of situation, I would have palpitations and my stress level will shoot up to an all times high. However, this time was different. I was filled with the peace of God even when I couldn't finish my revision and was left with only 1 day to chiong for my anat and blood. Somehow, the stress and the need to finish everything just disappeared from me. I was reminded of the prayers on sunday and even during my morning devotion time prayers. That Jesus will be the Lord over my life, Lord over my studies and Lord over my CA papers this week! And truthfully enough , he indeed is:)

Talked about my clinical experience with Madam Wong and a doc from VCF, Stephen (M8). Mdm Wong told me not to let this experience affect my future clinical postings and Stephen reminded me not to judge the ppl involved. Also, he prayed that I should believe that these things are uncommon and I MUST not be desensitized to them. Instead, I should transfer this feeling of injustice and do something constructive with it. Thank God for speaking to me through them. I felt so much better after speaking to people who share the same belief as I have towards patient care and ethics. Thank God that he has brought me to a medical community whereby I can share my feelings freely with without worrying about breaching patient's confidentiality and hospital policies. (thats why I can't share much abt clinical issues with church cell and friends).


After talking to Stephen, I made up my mind that I would like to join MEET. But then there are issues to work out with ps. Sigh, really hope that ps can release me and give me her blessings. I really want to learn more about missions and be trained in it. I know for sure that God has called me to do that. To go into the nations using the medical field as a plateform to speak of his name and to bring the presence of God into the people's lives. Dear God, may you go before me and open the path for me....

No comments: