Clinicals this week was better than the previous week. In a sense that nothing of that sort of stuff happened this week and I even managed to ask some ethical issues in which I feel strongly about with my Clinical Preceptor (CP). Got to know my CP better this week and I really think that she's my answered prayer and a blessing God has given to me. Although her theory part isn't very good, she never acts like she knows something when she doesn't and is not ashamed of saying " Sorry, I don't know". Also, whenever I ask her questions in which she doesn't know the answer, she will find out for me on the spot. Or if there's no time, she'll go back to find the answer and tell me the next time we meet again. Wow, I'm really impressed with her attitude and humility. Her willingness to learn really rubs off me and encourages me to ask more & to research upon my qns myself too! Also, she comes to work super early and ends her shift later than the rest just to make sure that all her patients are well taken care of. I want to follow her example! Haha.. Meaning reaching the ward at 6.30 am to read case notes, checking on patients and going back 2-3 hrs later so that I can have some time to just talk to the patients. I don't mind the early hours and going home late. I just want to learn as much as possible so that I can give the best nursing care to my patients now and for the future!
Oh, you know what? I managed to diagnose my first case of asthma. Did my first lung ascultation (listening to the lungs with a stethoscope) with a patient on Friday and I managed to pick out the wheezing sounds during expiration that is a common sign of asthma. My CP checked and confirmed my provisional diagnose. Yeah:)
Thank God for the sharing I had with some of the CGH peeps after shift on Friday. Managed to hear about the other's experiences and difficulties. It was then that I realised how lucky I was to have one of the best CP around. Managed to give constructive advice to some of them in which I knew the holy spirit was speaking through me. Yup, you know something. Remember the time when I shared that ps khong released me as a pastor in the nursing school? Well, apparently more and more people are just opening up and coming to me to share about certain issues in their lives and to seek my opinion. I really thank God for all the open doors to which I can share my faith and in advicing or reassuring some of my friends. Wow, and you know something? I find that I'm applying a lot of the things that I learnt in SOL and from my cell leader in how she counsels others and myself. Haha, you know what? I think the way I now counsel others is pretty like how L talks to her cell members. Hehe.. The power of a leader. Thank God that I'm able to partner with the Holy Spirit in winning the nursing school for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment