Friday, June 16, 2006

Support from the family


Today, my beloved bro went to collect his essay writing prize. It is actually a consolation prize of an essay which his teacher submitted to bookworm for the competition. Out of the entire corhot, only 10-15 essays were chosen by the teachers to submit. Wow, my bro can really write well:)

To say the truth, I didn't want to go for the prize presentation today as i felt that it would be boring and a waste of time. However, the reason why I finally went was just simply to witness his first ever prize won in his whole entire 11 years. Although some may think that it is actually a very small prize (consolation), but to my bro, its a great achievement. Therefore, I want to be there to encourage JJ and more importantly to let him know that I'll always be there to share both his joys and tears as he goes thru life. Encouragment and support is so important. I can't stress that importance. Although a child may say that he/she does not require his/her parents there to witness them recieving prizes, deep down in their hearts they are all yearning for their presence and support. Parents may think that small competitions are not worth much attention about, however to the young child it may mean alot to them. I'm so glad that my bro had the opportunity to see how much we do care for him.

I really thank God for this wonderful bro that he has blessed me with. All his crapy jokes, childish ways and the little devotion times that I share with him... I treasure these previous moments. really... I am so encouraged by his simple faith in Jesus and how he just models after my every action. I give thanks to God that I am given this great responsibilty and privilege to guide and disciple JJ into a great conquerer for Jesus! I want JJ to model after me as I model after Jesus! I will do my job well for you Lord!!!

No comments: