Sunday, June 25, 2006

Reflections of temp job

Yeah. Finally finished this job. Well, to be frank, I didn't quite like the job because I felt that it was super boring and a waste of my time. I dreaded going to work everyday and hated the way my colleagues and I had to resort to counting time down to 6pm. So boring ar!!! However, we can always learn something out of anything as long as we reflect upon them intentionally:)

Ok, first thing first. Have I fulfilled my SOLO and HWSSLL? Yep, I confidently say that I had succeeded in doing so. In fact, I think I had helped more than 30 ppl. Perhaps in the hundreds. Haha.. Ok. So what have I learnt from this so called boring job of ushering? Well, this job required me to communicate with many professionals (local and overseas). My initial apprehensive attitute of approaching professionals, VIPs, those in suits and overseas delegates faded away after the first morning into the job. My fear was in not being able to communicate well and not understanding them esp the foreign slangs. In fact, I was afraid that they would bully me. Haha... But I realised that I need not be so afraid. God was with me and I could understand their slangs and provide good directional advice to them:) Yeah! I feel that I have also grown to be more sensitive to body languages of people who look lost & required help. My communication skills have also improved much after 4 days of providing help and directions to hundreds of people. I learnt to take the initiative to go up to people and offer my help to them instead of just waiting for them to come and ask me first. Moreover, I felt that it was so divine that well, one of the girls whom I just met in the job will be going for the miracle service later! And she'll be asking her bro and sis along too. Yippee!!! I've also been so blessed to meet lydia, someone who is filled with so much joy of the holy spirit that she's always happy. I've never met someone like that before in my entire life. Wow, I could really see the love, joy, humilty and peace of God in her. She just radiates the joy and love of God everywhere she goes. Wow. God, I want to be able to do that too! I WANT! I CAN! And I LOVE too!!!

Hmm.. How then can I apply all these learnings into my life then? Since I know that I'm able to communicate well with VIPs, Presidents, VPs, CEOs, COO, directors, managers etc of big companies, I will have no fear now in going up to this group of people to provide my help. Perhaps, I can spread the love of God to them and even minister to this group of 'busy important people'. Think I'm growing more sensitive to the needs of others. Therefore, whenever I see someone in need of help, I will stop by and offer my help. Even if I don't know the answer to their enquiries, I should take the initiative, find it out for them and learn at the same time. Kill 2 birds in 1 stone. Hehe... I know that I must also go back to God everyday to be topped up and filled up with his love, joy and peace such that the love and joy of God can just overflow from me outwards to the people around me. Yeah!

Therefore, for my life application...
  1. To spot & help at least 2 people this week without them asking first.
  2. Pray everyday and ask God to fill me up so that I can be overflowing with His love and joy. ( At least 2 prebelievers will be infected with the joy in me and be blessed by the source of my joy)

No comments: