Wow. Today I started my new temp job. I wanted this job because I was beginning to get bored to death at not doing much. Therefore I prayed for a job and tada, God gave me this job. Its actually an ushering job for asia's largest trade show- CommunicAsia, BroadcastAsia and Enterptise 2006. This is only opened for professional, trade and business visitors. Admission is only by invitation, visitor tickets or on-site registration with business cards. All visitors must also be in proper business attire. That means we must also portray a professional look. Therefore, once again I have to suffer in my professional attire and the really painful court shoes. Argg.. No choice, have to bear with the pain if I want to do God's work :)
Why do I say its God's choice for me? How do I know that its God's will that I join this company? Well, of all the companies that I called, only this company agreed to take me in. Hehe... And it was pretty easy! I prayed that it will be a job that will be temporary. That I am able to go for the NUS camps and also to not touch sunday. Also, this job will be able to enlarge my social circle for me to throw my net for the miracle weekend. And the EXPO word attracted me. Haha.. Anyway, I tried calling many times, not couldn't get to the person in charge. Thus, I got an interview pretty late. By the time I went down, the lady over there told me that the EXPO positions are all filled up. However after the interview, Derrick told me that I was in for the EXPO job. Yipee! hehe.. I know that God has a reason in putting me there. Already, I'm starting to see some very good signs and Man to fish:)
Ist day of job is pretty tiring. Had to stand for the whole day to direct people. This is really the first time whereby I get to meet many high profile people/businessmen from all over the world. Most of them were in very smart business attire (tie and coat) . At first, I was pretty much intrigued by the professional atmosphere. However after a while, the excitement died down and became quite boring. We were actually counting down to home. Haha. Met some difficult people, but always treated them with respect.
So what have I learnt? Well, I learnt how to take initative to help confused visitors without anybody telling me what to do. Also learnt to speak professionally to professionals. Met some funny people too- the guy who asked me to fill his survey for him, the man who said he will check out foyer 1 level 2 and tell one of the other usherer (cos he didn't know). Hehe. they taught me that even in serious occasions, we can always break the ice by using humor.
Ok. I admit I didn't set my SOLO. But I did pray! That is certain. hee... okok. Better set my SOLO for tmr. If I don't practise, will forget sooner or later. Anyway, SL is not meant to be done but is meant to be lived out right?
SOLO for work later (since its past 12)
SO: to provide efficient directional service to the visitors.
HWSSLL: At least 90% of the visitors get to the correct destinations/ registration counters.
LO: To learn how to spot people who needs help and to provide the necessary help.
HWSSLL: To take the initiate to help at least 30 people by approaching them by myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment