Sunday, August 13, 2006

National day- breaking fast

Day of his power. End of 40 day fasting. This is really the first time whereby I made the effort to commit 40 days in prayer & fasting for my beloved Singapore. It was a time of self-renewal, cleansing and a renewing of the spirit. I was reminded of the unbelievable blessings and miracles that God showered upon S'pore. So cool! Can you ever imagine how Singapore has succeeded beyond everybody's wildest dreams? How could this small country without any natural resources and a real small pool of human resource triumph and stand out among the many developing countries in the region. Oh, how blessed is Singapore. God has withheld natural disasters and protected Singapore against the conflicts around her. Although we are small, but we can impact the world and have made many nations sit up and take notice of this nation that has the favour of the Lord upon us. People can say that it is by their own wisdom and knowledge, but they failed to realise that many Christians have indeed been praying for this nation over the years. Nothing is more powerful than prayer. Prayer is calling upon the highest authority to help us. Prayer is opening up the doors of heaven and asking for blessings from God to pour upon us. Many have experienced it and can testify to that!

But I was shaken up in the spirit by the sharp words of the Lord released by SP Khong. Gosh.. "Awake, awake people of Singapore. You have been asleep. Drunk in the successes, you failed to realise the great work I had in mind for you in the beginning. You forgot your great potential. I use the small such that they shall not boast of their own ability and intelligence. I have blessed Singapore so much so that I can use this little red dot to bless the nations in the world! Live up to this expectation, Singapore! Pull up your socks, and shake this nation!

Yes Lord, I represent the nation to repent before you. That we had taken the successes and your blessings for granted. We had been caught up in the pace of life and have been chasing success blindly. We had failed to realise who is the One behind all our successes and the calling you have on us- to be a blessing to the nations. God, forgive us and shake us up from our sleepy state. Yes, awake Singapore. Awake, churches in Singapore. Awake, Li Xin! Awake awake. For the Kingdom of God is drawing near!!!

No comments: