
How has QQS camp made a difference in my life?
This camp has been one of the longest camps I’ve participated this year. Though tiring, it left a profound impact on me. For one, I actually survived speaking and communicating in Mandarin for 6 days! Yeah! This was actually one fear I grappled with before the trip. Actually feared that I’ll be handicapped linguistically during group sharing, communicating with the shanghainese and even the angel –mortal game. But God was good and faithful. Although their mandarin was really powerful as expected, I did not have much difficulty communicating with them. Instead, our friendships grew and very soon, our group bonded really well. I even had the opportunity to speak into the lives of some of them, share my testimony and had a heart to heart talk with Liao Lin late into the night! Wow! It was a great breakthrough considering the fact that we only met and knew each other for only 4 days. Upon reflecting, I realized that the Chinese language in which I was not very proficient of, wasn’t so much of a barrier because the love language of God spoke and penetrated deep into each and every Shanghainese individually. That was actually what some of them testified about to us after the trip! Wow, thank God for manifesting himself through us! This trip truly allowed me to see how God uses his people to allow pre-believers to know him even as we are doing so called ‘secular work’.
I guess one of the most important difference that QQS has made to my life is the ability to see God’s heart for the lost in the nations. I must confess that I actually did not know for sure why I was at QQS. My LO was actually to learn how to serve the nations as this was what I’m passionate about. My heart actually yearns more towards helping the sick, poor and injured (not gateway cities). But God spoke to me somewhere in the middle of the camp as to why I was there in QQS. It was really to show God’s love to the people of China whom God so dearly loves. There’ll always be the poor, the sick and injured around. But what’s truly God’s heart when he sends me there? Is it just to relieve them of pain, illness or even hunger pangs for just that moment? I realized that God’s heart for them all is to really come to know him. It doesn’t matter who or how we serve. But the ultimate purpose for all that we do is the same, ie to glorify God and the hope that the people we serve will ultimately come to know the Lord.
This trip has allowed me to truly see SP Khong’s heart behind performing magic. Although I know it in my mind before this trip of the reason why SP does MOL and SMILE, it is truly not the same when I actually got to see SP in action. I finally understood the true meaning behind magic when I went through SMILE and even performed an item in the same magic show as SP. The open doors, smiles, amazements, wonder and respect shown to SP whenever he teaches & performs magic just amazes me! Indeed, the real magic is really the magician himself. Although SP was sick, he still teached and performed to his best. Even the times whereby he personally taught me some magic trick techniques, I could sense his passion and love behind all the magic props and skills. I truly felt and understood his heart for the people of China then. He did not even fail to give a mini ‘sermon’ on God’s love whenever he had the opportunity. The success of the magic show was yet another sign of God’s approval and his hand which was with us. Although it was only by word of mouth & posters to publicise the magic show, the auditorium was filled and overflowing with people at the 2 shows. I was practically thanking and praising God throughout the entire show! Being there to see the work of God in our mist strengthened my faith in believing that as I take the step out to serve the nations in his name, God has already gone before me to open and lay the foundation for me to do his great work!
It was also at that moment when I reflected upon the pioneering spirit of our church in doing unconventional things, our God-given passion & dreams that glorify Him. Wow! I believe that every act of faith that we embark on is like sweet incense that rises up to heaven J. It was then that I also truly caught the vision of Qian Qian Shou. I’ve got a strong feeling that Qian Qian Shou will not just end in China in 2008. Instead, it’ll be just the start. I believe that QQS will move beyond the shores of China and spread across the entire world! I just feel so honoured to be part of this pioneering project that God will use to bless the nations! Waiting for the day to come when we are going to conquer the world for Christ through the gateway cities of all nations!
These, perhaps is the greatest difference that QQS has made in my life… That my heart for the nations and my ministry of serving the sick, poor and injured has become much more refined as I know what God’s heart is for them even as I serve the people whom God dearly loves and yearns for. That I participated in a project of which I believe is a history defining moment that will fulfill God’s great commandment in which all nations will hear of him before our Lord Jesus comes back again! Thank you Lord,for blessing me such that I’m able to bless others in your name!
No comments:
Post a Comment