

I thank God that he had allowed me to go for this camp before term starts. As a freshman, there are many burning questions about this new chapter to which I will soon be embarking on. Questions like how is campus life like? Will I be lost in this big campus? Are the people nice? Is the culture there good? Etc, etc…
I must say the seniors have done a good job in preparing me for the new culture in NUS. I was made more aware of some of the unhealthy culture there. Through sharing and talks by my OG, OGLs and speakers, I learnt how to stand out from the crowd, to stick to Christ-like behaviour and values and to be a salt & light in campus. However, I know too that no matter how much others can prepare me to enter into the real world, I will never know how I will fare until the tests come. As the saying goes, “Fire reveals the authencity of our faith”. I pray that I will be able to pass the tests with flying colours and to emerge an even stronger person in Christ!
I realized that I was really blessed to be so sheltered in my previous schools, at home and in church. Must admit that I was pretty much afraid of starting school and mixing with friends of different value systems as me. However, I was remembered of Jesus who sat and ate with sinners. That God indeed wants me to be among his lost sheep to bring them back to him.
The camp left me with a deep conviction and resolve within my heart to stand rooted in Christ no matter what. I recommitted myself in rejecting my worldly identity and in taking up the cross to follow Jesus. There was a renewed courage in me to stand out from the crowd and not compromise my faith even in seemingly small matters. (was tested when I went for other uni camps after VCF). I want to keep my spiritual cutting edge for His ministry. I want to be a salt and light for Christ in campus. I want to stand glorifying His very name!
Know that God has placed me in NUS for a very special reason. That this stranger of the world might be placed here- it is not by coincidence but is planned by the great, almighty God. I do not know for sure what, but I do know that no matter what God calls me to do, it is a call to stand out from the crowd that others may see the God behind me!
I know that I’m not alone in this race. That there are indeed many brothers and sisters in Christ of whom I can rely on for support and encouragement in this new journey. Thank you Lord, for blessing me with great friends from OG David and VCF!
No comments:
Post a Comment