Thursday, July 27, 2006

ER- Lord, help prepare my heart!

ER.10 episode left me with a lingering thought of how I would turn out to become after starting work in a hospital. Will I be like the caring doctor who puts the interest of his patients first, or the other one who puts his research career in front of the patient. Will the mundane and stress of the job leave me as an unfeeling person, or can I still be filled with passion and zeal in everything I do?

As what the 1st yr resident doc said:" Somedays are better than the rest." I pray that even as I experience tough days, the love of God will sustain me and keep me going. I want to remain true to my profession and to God. Although there may be tough moments, such as making the right ethical decisions, caring for a very sick patient or even sad cases with 2 or more family members dying at the same time, I ask that I can still control my emotions and give the best care to each of my future patients. The preparation of the heart is very important, even before I start school. I want to prepare myself to become the best nurse ever that truly reflects God's love, grace and character.

God, help me to see Jesus behind each patient that I will serve. Help me to say to each demanding, unreasonable and most unlovable patient:" Jesus my patient, how honoured I am to serve you!".

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did it for me." - Matt 25:40

No comments: