To someone special...
Today marks a full year since the day God brought our paths together. More than a year, in fact, when we first learnt of each other' s name :) Never did I ever imagine how such a deep friendship would blossom from that very first 'hello'.
What a year we had together! It hadn't been an easy year for both of us definately. Sure, there were many challenging times. Lots of questioning and searching on my part too. But looking back, those were the times that drew us so much closer to God -times when we supported each other and witnessed each other growing stronger together in the Lord :) In fact, it was also those times whereby our relationship grew the most!
It has been interesting, as to how much God used this relationship to show me so many things about myself. Looking back, I realised how much I have matured and grown, both in character and in my love for God. You know, special friend... God took me on a journey with Him as I went on a journey with you. It just so amazes me when I see how we grew as a trio (God being the centre) as we enthroned Jesus in our midst, right from the beginning.
How much we have grown, dear friend, since the day we first met. I have learnt so so much about you. Yet, I know that there's still so much more about you that I have yet to discover. Thank you for sharing your life with me, special friend. Thank you for being so open, vulnerable and honest with me. Thank you for truly allowing me to know and to love the real you.
It would take too long an entry to write about all that we journeyed through in this past year. But to sum it all up, I would say it was a year of forming, storming, norming, A year of getting to know each other. A year of learning how to work together. A year of building our communication skills with each other. A year, I would say, of building a strong friendship between us both.
As we mark our first anniversary this day, let us mark it with thanksgiving. Let us thank God for guiding us with his unfailing love and wisdom. May the Lord continue to shape our relationship, grow it and strengthen it in a way that will glorify his name. May the Lord add onto this strong friendship foundation we have built and allow us to grow from strength to strenth in the years to come :)
2 comments:
yo mannnn!
exams coming up all da best!
Thanks for your sharing. It really encourages me to see God's work in your life and your special friend. He is good all the time, Praise him and His love endures forever =) AMEN!
Just me
家里买鸭
Post a Comment