Saturday, January 03, 2009

Wild vs man vs God

Heard of wild vs man? Its one of my favourite shows on discovery channel. Well, I had a wild of a time today! Slide down from the top of the mountain, went into caves, pits, holes, swam against currents, got caught in ripples, ran past a huge waterfall, braved strong currents and tried finding the best time to gulp in as much air as possible before the next huge wave came again. Guess where I went to? Haha.. Jurong East Swimming Complex! But the best part of it? I found God in the midst of fun!


We almost didn't get there today. It was a miracle that we could actually enjoy the day. Guess what? Before I set off, great big black clouds gathered the sky and it poured. JJ prayed and the rain did go away after a while. However, huge black clouds still covered the sky and it looked like it was going to rain heavily again. I checked the weather forcast and they forcasted the next 3hrs to be of heavy rain with thunder at JE. I almost wanted to postpone the trip as I didn't want to waste time, transport fee and entrance fee when the sky looked so threatening. But JJ was quite disappointed (cos I promised to bring him there) and he found all sorts of excuses so that we can still go. Hesitent, I doubted if we really should go. At last, I gave in to JJ's persistence. We then prayed for the rain to be held back so that we could enjoy the day. As I was praying, I was reminded of the farmers who prayed for rain. One went back to his home, while the other prepared his field for harvest. I wanted to be the farmer who prepared his field for harvest. So, by faith, we went and believed God to hold the rain back ( although logically, it most likely would rain).



And guess what? When we arrived at JE, we even had to put on sunblock because the sun was out strong! But what was amazing was that the dark clouds were still looming up on the sky. What was even more amazing was the really beautiful rainbow in between the sun and the black clouds. The sight was awesome ( I didn't have my camera with me then. If not I would have definately taken a pic of that amazing sight). When I saw that, my heart skipped a beat. I knew it was a sign from God. I knew it was God who held the rain. It was so obvious to us both. I was glad I trusted God by faith. I was really amazed at how God really answers prayers when we step out by faith. ( JJ was so determined to go that he really trusted God to hold the rain). I learnt about simple faith and what acting in faith really meant. We paused in our midst of fun to give thanks to God.


The picture represented something more to me. It was perhaps an answer to my solitude time with Him a few days ago. I knew God was painting for me a picture of hope. Hope in the midst of darkness and impossibilites when I trust him. God will make a way, when there seems to be no way. He is God. He is a God of the impossibles. He is Almighty. He is the Lord over all! Best of it all? He is MY God. MY Father :) In Him, I trust!

No comments: