

Today is valentine's day.
A time when the world celebrates love. A time when all around you, couples and roses start popping out from every corner of campus and across the whole island. It is hard to miss this day.
0000:
I started this year's valentine's day with my very first love. I spent some time talking to him and then opened up my bible. What a pleasant surprise he gave me! Psalm for the day - Psalms 45. Goodness. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that. God, you are so amazing... It wasn't even planned, but... God, you know.
Yes, God knows. God knows how many singles would feel left out when they look around at the many couples and wonder when it'll be their turn. God knows, how lonely those who had just broken up would feel on this day. God knows, how many couples that are meeting up on this special day would need to hear this message too. And so, in God's wonderful timing, He led the whole church into reading this psalm on valentine's day itself.
You know, God romances over you. Yes, this is the crust of the message of Psalm 45! When the whole world is celebrating a worldly kind of love, God wants to shout out to us " I am crazy about you! Will you be my valentine? Not just today, but every single day of your life. "
How many of us actually took the time off during this special day to respond to the greatest love of all? Can you hear the voice of God calling out for you in the midst of worldly celebrations? He is waiting for you to quieten down your hearts to hear him tell you " I love you. You are so beautiful in my sight and I am just so wild over you!" Won't you respond to this great love of Jesus? I did and my heart was filled with so much joy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment