Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Missing Daddy





Dear Daddy,
I miss you. I miss you so much. I miss coming back into your courts. I miss talking to you. I miss sitting with you for hours and hours uninterrupted. Just you and me. How special that time is. How lovely…

Schoolwork for the past 2 weeks has been really bad. Many CAs, assignments, essays, tutorials etc etc… I hardly had time to breathe. Got back into the momentum of studying for hours and hours. The passion and love for studying is coming back to me once again. But that is in the expense of having a shortened time with God each day. Sigh… Why can’t I have both? I have so much to do, yet so little time to complete them all.

I hate admitting that I’m busy. No, I don’t want to admit it. Why? Because I don’t like using busyness as an excuse. I don’t want to be too busy for God, too busy for prayer, too busy for reflection, too busy to talk to people, too busy for people around me, too busy to bless, too busy for J, too busy too busy too busy… No, I don’t want to be a slave to busyness. I don’t want to fall into the trap of busyness. Its all too easy to get into it - the endless cycle of running in circles…

I want time for my own. I want time to spend with Jesus in that secret place. I want time to spend in the presence of God. I want time with my family. I want time to be with J. I want time to catch up with my friends. I want time to stop and care. I want time to reflect and become a better and better Evelyn (Light for God) each day…

Sometimes, it can get lonely here. I may be surrounded with family and friends. But no one really understands. Nobody understands the constant battles I have in my mind each day. Nobody understands the breaking of heart and soul. Nobody, nobody, nobody except Jesus.

Thoughts may overwhelm me. Work and ministry may crowd my mind. Battling with the devil may wear me out. But your love still remains always. When I call, you are always there. Your words never fail to cheer me up and encourage me to go on. Whenever I lose focus and wonder if I can ever make it through, you will gently pull me back to focus on the hope you have promised…

Once again, I’m turning into a little girl. Running, running, running. Running back into daddy’s arms… Running to the place of comfort. Running to the place of love. Running back, into the place where I belong.

No comments: