Today, I visited a new mummy with her little
newborn daughter. It was such a sweet moment, to see a little life starting
out.
Just hours before, I brought in a guy who collapsed
suddenly in the ambulance. His wife came later on crying over his body. Later
on, a diaphoretic gentleman crutching his left chest arrived. ECG showed
massive AMI. He was a relatively young man with teenage daughters. I saw them
later on crying outside the BID room.
And then, this new life being brought into the
world. My God, who breathed new life into a new special, precious being. What a
wonderful miracle! I smiled while carrying this little new girl. “What is your name? Will you come to know
about a God who loves you this much that He gave you life and gave His life for
you? Will you come to Him and worship the one true God? Will you face this life’s
troubles and challenges with the strength of God? Will you, at the last day of
your life, breathe your last and thank God for the days you have lived, known
Him and walked with Him? Yes, and in the knowing that you will be walking into
eternal joy of an everlasting fellowship with Your Maker?”
And so, by the mercy of God, I saw life today
again. That in your mercy, you brought forth little children. Little children
who will be given the opportunity to know you. And I pray that they will, just
like how you have allowed me, to know the greatest joy in my life.
I am coming back, Lord.
I am awed by my journal entry years back when God
was preparing me for His calling. Dated back in 2004...
“ I experienced two opposite ends of the spectrum
of human emotion that day- wonder and despair, life and death, joy and
suffering, breathtaking beauty and profound sadness. I wrap the beautiful
memory of the sunrise service around me to protect me from the hurt I felt at
the death of... That memory of the sunrise was the armour I carried into battle
that day as I went to do my duty in the A&E.
My saving grace is always that when I see or
remember people, ... dying, I also remember the peace and tranquillity of being
in God’s presence.”
How thoughtful of God to reveal and make me
write what I am going to experience today, years, years back before Today
actually came to be.
For you created my inmost being, you
knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and
wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was
not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven
together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the
days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
~Psalm 139
No comments:
Post a Comment