Saturday, December 22, 2007

2007 SAP Christmas gathering


I made it for this year's SAP christmas party :) Yeah! Last year I couldn't go cos I had my clinicals. This year, I really didn't want to miss it again. And so, I prayed before I got my clinical schedule that God will bless me in being able to go for all the events I have listed down. Lo and behold, when I recieved my schedule, I realised that none of these events clashed with my clinical time! Yippee!!!!


This year's christmas party was very special. We celebrated it together with some out of school youths who are currently under TOUCH L&M programme. It was really a great time getting to know and bless them. Really enjoyed the programme and joining in the fun tgt with these youths. Wow, it was so long since all of us SAPPERS actually got together. And to think that this get together was also combined with serving together once again like the good old days. Gosh, I really missed those days! And we all did it so naturally. Like some seasoned mentors to the youths... We knew what to do, how to engage the youths, how to bring them into the fun :) Amazing. How different it was from the very first time we started out as greeny mentors :)


I really really enjoyed the time of just catching up and enjoying the company of this special group of friends whom God has blessed me with. Its such a joy to see how the things we have been trained in- service learning, intentional living, reflections have been imbeded deep into many of our lives. This can be shown evidently in how we talk and even in the programme itself!


For me, the highlight of the entire night was really the gift exchange section. Thx to BX and R (the organisers), even this part of the programme was made intentional. All of us were given a gift and we were made to guess who was the one who gave it to us. Thereafter, the giver would explain why he/she bought that gift for the person. As I listened to how each one chose the gift for the other person, I felt so touched. Each gift had been chosen with a very special meaning and blessing behind it. Every gift represented something of the giver's heart and the reciever's personality or likings. Amazing how behind each gift, is a person who has given some thought to make the gift meaningful for him/her :)


And guess what I recieved from Char? A bottle of annointing oil made in Israel that contains natural Galilee and Jerusalem Virgin olive oils scented with flowers and herbs essence mentioned in the bible! And a journal to accompany with it. Instructions from Char? Do not open it until the time comes when God prompts me to do so. She believes that God will tell me when is the right time to open it to use the oil. And when the day of annointing comes, this will be followed by signs and wonders and miracles never before seen in my life in the ministry God has called me to. When that day happens, I will journal down all the wonderful things I will see happening before with my very eyes! WOW!




I must say that its one of the most meaningful gift I've ever recieved in my entire life. Why? Because it is something so deep in my heart. The wanting to be annointed by God for the ministry that He has called me into. The desire to be used for His Kingdom purposes...

This oil came too at a very special time of my life when I was really thinking of God's promises for me and His timing. Its so timely because the annointing oil represents hope, promise, grace, peace, power, Christ. It has and will definately serve as a powerful reminder to me of God's promise that will definately come to pass someday in His timing. Thank you Char, for such a precious gift :) Thank you God, for knowing what I really needed most at this point in my life.


You know, somehow I know when I'll open this oil. I don't know the time. I don't know when i'll have the privilege to be annointed with this oil. But what I know, this oil will be special and will be kept for only the time when I recieve my lifetime calling into that very special ministry.


The verse on the box caught my eye and affirmed the small little tug in my heart when I recieved the oil...


" Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, annointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven."

- James 5:14-15


Somehow, I do know... That this ministry will fulfill the life mission God had given to me years back- To serve the sick, poor and injured. That holistic care will be involved. That the principal of how Jesus heals will be applied and shown in great extent. That not only many lives will be saved, but many souls saved and marked with a heavenly seal. That my heart will also be able to finally rest in knowing that I am indeed in the centre of God's calling.

No comments: