Monday, April 16, 2007

The shield of faith



Recently, I was attacked by the devil by some negative thoughts about myself. I also found myself getting into a cycle of worrying and becoming too focused on the situation, instead of God. Yesterday's sermon and cell turned out to be very encouraging and I was really blessed by the word of God. Went to church wanting to just worship and refocus back on God. But God knows my heart and once again, he never failed to encourage me in walking this journey to which he has called me to.

Analysed the reason why I felt so overwhelmed and fearful when I was preparing for my exams. One thing was of course, the mountain of information which I had to remember and understand before my exams in less than a week's time. But even more so, when I looked at how much I haven't studied, don't know... basic important stuff which if I don't know, can kill a patient. I don't know how I am able to be an effective minister for God to use. I looked at the big impossibility in front of me and then felt so overwhelmed. I see the impossibilities ahead of me and think “Wah, how on earth am I going to go about doing it?” Then, without knowing, I placed my faith in myself. Realizing it, I went into repentance and seeked for God’s forgiveness, for putting faith in myself and not putting faith in him.

Faith is believing in the unseen. Faith is about stepping out and moving in God’s power. Faith is knowing that there’s a big mountain in front of you, but yet stepping out in faith, knowing that God will work. Faith is doing the uncertain, with myself diminishing, but God’s power rising.

And so, today when I woke up, I looked at the big impossibilities ahead of me and smiled. It didn’t matter how big the situation was at hand. What mattered more was how big the God in whom I put my faith was. I took a deep breath and stepped into the big valley called “impossible” again, this time with the God of impossibilities with me.

I work like never before. In fact, I work even harder than the past. Time and again, the ‘impossible mountain’ comes back to me. But I put that down. Because no longer do I work being so conscious of myself. Instead I work, focusing on God’s incomparably great power which so powerfully works in me. I’m the anointed one and I move in the spirit! Therefore, I don’t have to worry what will happen and whether I will be able to reach God’s expectations. That’s because God will move. I have done my part. I don’t want and I can’t do God’s part. Let God be God. I’m only just a vessel to which he will use to bring his blessings and love to the people whom I serve.

I believe Lord, that you have chosen me. You have chosen me to work through me. And because of that, I really don’t have to worry if I will be able to do it. I know it will be done according to your will. I have faith that no matter what happens, your destiny for me will be fulfilled.


In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. – Eph 1:11-12

No comments: