Monday, February 19, 2007

CNY hols

wow... what a holiday! I must say that this is the hols that I've been waiting for for a real long time! Finally, finally got my long awaited and should I say, well deserved rest :) The hols started on fri with me going home early, rather than staying till my usual time way into the night (tats only if I've got no cell that day=)

Sat was a very special day for me. Prayed through the wee hours of the night for a very specific issue in my life. Not that I've not been praying about it, but I guess the situation warrented me to give an answer as quick as possible. I also don't want the issue to drag further... Had a very good time of clarifying certain issues. Felt so much more relaxed and at ease after that afternoon :)

The evening was super cool! Wow, I din't know that CNY eve could be that fun. That day was so special cos its really a rarity for all my siblings to find a time when all of us are free to go out together. But that day, everybody put aside the time to get together and had our tuan yuan fan steamboat dinner. Had a wonderful time just eating as a family. After seeing and hearing of so many broken families, I have come to appreciate my family much more and to thank God for blessing me with such a great family, of which I have found love and acceptance :)

After dinner, the 4 train drivers grabbed their bikes and formed a line, with dad at the head. For a moment, I stood reminising the childhood times. A soft wind blew against my ear and I could vaguely hear the all familiar line " Too too train, are you ready? Yes! One, two, three, four.. ok... off we go!"

Thank God for the great time travelling to watch fireworks and soaking in the CNY atmosphere in chinatown :)

I must say the highlight for this year's CNY is really the time spent with my family. You know, I really treasure this precious moments of quality time together. Its so tough to do just that during school term, cos the workload is crazy and time schedule for everybody is just so different. Even having a meal together is just so hard at times. Thats why I always make it a point to cancel anything within my abilities whenever a date for family dinners or outings are booked. No matter how busy I get, I feel that family time should get a priority! Well, I'm a strong believer of family unity and I must say that I'm a family sort of gal :)

Really love the times just standing at the entrance to the kitchen and sharing my life with mummy. And asking my little bro the all familiar trademark question "What did you learn today?" To them all, I really truly want to say " I love you all mum, dad, JJ, WX, RJ!!! You all will always have that special place in my heart."



hmm... yummy yummy.. looks good ain't it?



yummy yummy... thats my favourite dish. Meatballs!!!


ain't they a sweet couple? They're my daddy and mummy :)




tuck in time!


Hey, who's that beside her?


Oh, and who's that beside me?


orhhh... its just er jie and me playing... hehe..


wah, er jie, ain't the babies cute? Ain't I cute too?


yes boy. they're as cute as you :) But do you see the three hearts beside the babies? It represents the infinate love the family and community showers upon them so that they can grow up to be strong man and women for Jesus. And that is what you'd grow up to be ya :) -a great man for God who will have Christ love ever so much pouring out to the people around you!

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."-1 corin 13:11-13

No comments: