What a crazy month of exams! Ain't I glad that they're all over :) Yipee!!! I hasn't been easy though... Trying to cram an insane mountain of information into my small twinny little brain in such a short period of time. But thank God he brought me through it all! And I really mean it when I say that it was God who had brought me through. This was really the first exam whereby I experienced so much of God's tremendous grace, love and peace in the entire exam period.
Surprisingly, I was filled with the peace of God throughout the entire exam month during service. My, this is something that really blows my head off. To think that I can be so calm even though I had not finished studied even half of the content tested. It has never ever happened before in history. Haha.. Usually, I'll be super kan jiong if I can't finish studying for my exams... But this exam was so different...
To be really really frank, the thought of skipping church service to study did come across my head. However, it wasn't much of a struggle, cos I know that I will have to go. Its something like an 80% "must go" and 20% "I think I have to stay back to study". In the end, I still chose to go to for service. Why? Not becoz of routine or something that I would like to "get over and done with". Well, first of all, I want to put God before my studies. Its true that there's no sin in not going church. But what you do, do reflect on your priorities and where God is placed in your life. Secondly, I would have set a super bad example of skipping service becoz of exams for my cell members. I cant' afford to do that. As a senior and a leader, I must set a good example for the rest to follow. Thirdly, YH who was also taking her exams still went for service. Wow, I really must take my hat off YH. She's really a super woman.. going for service, anchoring the cell, going for G12 meetings, mission trip meetings and preparations, ministry etc etc.. Although she's tired physically, she does not show it out and continues to serve in the strength of God that is so visible in her life. She's such an inspiration to me :) I want to follow her as she follows Jesus! Thank God for you, YH :) you're such a blessing and answered prayer to my life! Really thank God for blessing me with such a great leader!!!
Back to exams.. It was so interesting.. I had such peace in my heart throughout the entire exam period in service and during revision. Even those sundays when I did not even finish reading 1 set of notes for 1 pp or only studied 4 diseases for the pp the next day, i still had the great sense of God's indwelling peace in the inner recesses of my heart when I went ahead for service. Even so, I was actually praying for someone to minister to me during ministry time. I needed it so much... I knew that I desperately needed God's supernatural help to bring me through the exams. I can't do it by my own human strength. However, God had other plans. Instead of me recieving ministy directly by one of the leaders, God prompted me to pray for some of my cell members. And so, I went to minister to them. One by one. One after another. I prayed and prayed. I ministered and ministed. I gave and gave and gave. I really gave my all.. And God is so wonderful. I was actually ministered by God himself when I was praying for my members. It was indead a pleasant surprise for me to experience yet another way out of the many different ways of how God ministers to his beloved :) I've always wondered how the leaders and worship team get ministered themselves even as they serve continously each week. However, I came to understand the fact that God will not miss out those who are serving him! Therefore leaders and servants of God out there, continue to give your all of service to our King... And take heart, you are not forgotten. God has his own ways to bless you even as you bless his people :)
The PIP exam was really the exam in which I experienced first-hand of God's miracle upon the paper. That was the exam in which I had not studied at all. I kinda neglected the module as I just had too many other modules to study for. However, I still went ahead with church and cell that Sunday. When I reached home, it was about 8pm. That was the time when I felt slightly anxious and started to pray to God to help me. That night, I only read 3 sets of notes. Guess what? The next day, 4/5 qns that were asked was all from that 3 sets of notes! For the other qn, I was able to do as I was quite participative during that particular lecture when it was taught. Then came the last qn. 22 mks. When I first looked at the qn, I was totally shocked. I didn't know where the reference was. Gosh. It was like, if you can't find the reference, then your 22 mrks will be gone. And so, I prayed. God, in his wonderful ways brought me to the reference by going through and reminding me of what I had learnt the previous day. It was such a miracle as the reference was actually 2 words hidden in the mist of the entire stack of notes. When God brought my eyes to the words, my heart skipped a beat and immediately, I circled the word big big so that I will not lose sight of it. Heh... But interestingly, the peace of God was so strong in me that I did not feel panicky even as couldn't make sense of the reference in the beginning and had no idea of where to find it. Hallelujah, praise God for that :)
God taught me so much during this period. Indeed, he challenged me to my max. Got into the super mugging mode for 1 whole month. Went to school 6/7. Studied from morning till next morning. Went home to sleep for abt 6 hrs and then back to school again for another round of mugging. Boy, wasn't I stretched to my max! But throughout the whole entire time, God blessed me with great study buddies to whom we could study tgt, pray tgt, worship tgt and share our lives with. I especially enjoy those times when we took time off our studies to just pray and worship the Lord. It is these moments that I remember fondly now and thank God for helping me to put Him first even in the mist of exam preparations. Thx J, TL, R, and the rest who came by to help and encourage time and again... You're really a great great blessing to me. Can't imagine studying without you guys n gals! You peeps just made that mugging period more bearable. Esp to J.. Through our little chats in the midst of the studying, you have helped me to realise the importance of my studying and the reason why I'm here in nursing. The Lord too, has truly spoken to me in a much deeper manner and has convicted my heart of how privileged I am to be able to be in the healing ministry he has called me into. (shall blog more about it in another entry!)
Thx Lord, for blessing me with brothers and sisters in Christ to whom I found much help and support in both my exams as well as in my spiritual life. Thx Lord, for allowing me to experience so much of your grace, love and peace. Thx Lord, for teaching me much about handling stress, coping with it and in the mist of it all, to still my heart and to trust in you. Thx Lord too, for showing me just how faithful you are!
(Laughs of joy) Lord Lord, I can't help but give all praise and thanks to you. May you accept my humble sweet incense of thanksgiving. May it please you and bring a smile to your face :)
Surprisingly, I was filled with the peace of God throughout the entire exam month during service. My, this is something that really blows my head off. To think that I can be so calm even though I had not finished studied even half of the content tested. It has never ever happened before in history. Haha.. Usually, I'll be super kan jiong if I can't finish studying for my exams... But this exam was so different...
To be really really frank, the thought of skipping church service to study did come across my head. However, it wasn't much of a struggle, cos I know that I will have to go. Its something like an 80% "must go" and 20% "I think I have to stay back to study". In the end, I still chose to go to for service. Why? Not becoz of routine or something that I would like to "get over and done with". Well, first of all, I want to put God before my studies. Its true that there's no sin in not going church. But what you do, do reflect on your priorities and where God is placed in your life. Secondly, I would have set a super bad example of skipping service becoz of exams for my cell members. I cant' afford to do that. As a senior and a leader, I must set a good example for the rest to follow. Thirdly, YH who was also taking her exams still went for service. Wow, I really must take my hat off YH. She's really a super woman.. going for service, anchoring the cell, going for G12 meetings, mission trip meetings and preparations, ministry etc etc.. Although she's tired physically, she does not show it out and continues to serve in the strength of God that is so visible in her life. She's such an inspiration to me :) I want to follow her as she follows Jesus! Thank God for you, YH :) you're such a blessing and answered prayer to my life! Really thank God for blessing me with such a great leader!!!
Back to exams.. It was so interesting.. I had such peace in my heart throughout the entire exam period in service and during revision. Even those sundays when I did not even finish reading 1 set of notes for 1 pp or only studied 4 diseases for the pp the next day, i still had the great sense of God's indwelling peace in the inner recesses of my heart when I went ahead for service. Even so, I was actually praying for someone to minister to me during ministry time. I needed it so much... I knew that I desperately needed God's supernatural help to bring me through the exams. I can't do it by my own human strength. However, God had other plans. Instead of me recieving ministy directly by one of the leaders, God prompted me to pray for some of my cell members. And so, I went to minister to them. One by one. One after another. I prayed and prayed. I ministered and ministed. I gave and gave and gave. I really gave my all.. And God is so wonderful. I was actually ministered by God himself when I was praying for my members. It was indead a pleasant surprise for me to experience yet another way out of the many different ways of how God ministers to his beloved :) I've always wondered how the leaders and worship team get ministered themselves even as they serve continously each week. However, I came to understand the fact that God will not miss out those who are serving him! Therefore leaders and servants of God out there, continue to give your all of service to our King... And take heart, you are not forgotten. God has his own ways to bless you even as you bless his people :)
The PIP exam was really the exam in which I experienced first-hand of God's miracle upon the paper. That was the exam in which I had not studied at all. I kinda neglected the module as I just had too many other modules to study for. However, I still went ahead with church and cell that Sunday. When I reached home, it was about 8pm. That was the time when I felt slightly anxious and started to pray to God to help me. That night, I only read 3 sets of notes. Guess what? The next day, 4/5 qns that were asked was all from that 3 sets of notes! For the other qn, I was able to do as I was quite participative during that particular lecture when it was taught. Then came the last qn. 22 mks. When I first looked at the qn, I was totally shocked. I didn't know where the reference was. Gosh. It was like, if you can't find the reference, then your 22 mrks will be gone. And so, I prayed. God, in his wonderful ways brought me to the reference by going through and reminding me of what I had learnt the previous day. It was such a miracle as the reference was actually 2 words hidden in the mist of the entire stack of notes. When God brought my eyes to the words, my heart skipped a beat and immediately, I circled the word big big so that I will not lose sight of it. Heh... But interestingly, the peace of God was so strong in me that I did not feel panicky even as couldn't make sense of the reference in the beginning and had no idea of where to find it. Hallelujah, praise God for that :)
God taught me so much during this period. Indeed, he challenged me to my max. Got into the super mugging mode for 1 whole month. Went to school 6/7. Studied from morning till next morning. Went home to sleep for abt 6 hrs and then back to school again for another round of mugging. Boy, wasn't I stretched to my max! But throughout the whole entire time, God blessed me with great study buddies to whom we could study tgt, pray tgt, worship tgt and share our lives with. I especially enjoy those times when we took time off our studies to just pray and worship the Lord. It is these moments that I remember fondly now and thank God for helping me to put Him first even in the mist of exam preparations. Thx J, TL, R, and the rest who came by to help and encourage time and again... You're really a great great blessing to me. Can't imagine studying without you guys n gals! You peeps just made that mugging period more bearable. Esp to J.. Through our little chats in the midst of the studying, you have helped me to realise the importance of my studying and the reason why I'm here in nursing. The Lord too, has truly spoken to me in a much deeper manner and has convicted my heart of how privileged I am to be able to be in the healing ministry he has called me into. (shall blog more about it in another entry!)
Thx Lord, for blessing me with brothers and sisters in Christ to whom I found much help and support in both my exams as well as in my spiritual life. Thx Lord, for allowing me to experience so much of your grace, love and peace. Thx Lord, for teaching me much about handling stress, coping with it and in the mist of it all, to still my heart and to trust in you. Thx Lord too, for showing me just how faithful you are!
(Laughs of joy) Lord Lord, I can't help but give all praise and thanks to you. May you accept my humble sweet incense of thanksgiving. May it please you and bring a smile to your face :)

No comments:
Post a Comment